2. Data processing
2.1 GML may collect and use device identifiers, cookies and other signals, including information obtained from third parties (Google Analytics), to associate accounts and / or devices with you. We collect this information to complete the process of granting sponsorships and financial assistance to vulnerable social groups. At the same time, not collecting this data will result in us not providing you with the best possible browsing experience.
More specifically, this information may include:
Personal data such as Name, Surname, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, T-shirt Size, E-mail, Prefecture, Municipality, School, Contact Person, Telephone, Number of Students, Sponsorship Description, Idea, Subject or Area of Support, Sponsorship duration, Communication plan, Sponsor benefits, Cost and type of sponsorship, Other Sponsors, Device information, IP address, Cookies data and Location.
Cases in which we ask you to provide us with your personal data:
- When submitting communication requests through our form.
- When submitting requests for the Young Heroes Learn program
- When you apply for the Young Heroes Travel program
3. Disclosure of Personal Data
We will not transfer, disclose or rent your personal data to any third party / entity in a manner other than that described in this Policy. However, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to third parties:
3.1 In the event of the sale or purchase of any business, asset or stock, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of the business, asset or stock.
3.2 Finally, we reserve the right to disclose specific personal data to third party / independent service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us in the maintenance of our website and provide us with other management services (including but not limited to processing and order finalization, customer service, data retention and analysis, contacting customers on our behalf and collecting information for the participation in competitions and other offers as well as the selection of winners and awarding prizes. We seek to ensure that these third party / independent service providers will not use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide the services to which they are contractually committed. We also enter into agreement with these third parties which oblige them to comply with the privacy standards as required by law and to use the data only for the purposes for which they have originally been transferred. Third parties provide the public with details on how the data is being processed through their websites or through other appropriate media.
3.3 We will not disclose your personal data to third parties outside the European Union in countries where there is no appropriate data protection regime. However, in the event that such a data transfer is required, we will take all possible precautions so as to ensure that your data is treated securely as within the EU / EEA and in accordance with this Policy and the applicable law. In addition, we will update your current Policy to cover cross-border data transfer and related privacy safeguards.
4. How long do we retain your data?
4.1 It is our policy to retain your data only for as long as necessary for the purpose for which they were collected, in accordance with the principles of data minimization and limitation of the storage period. In addition, we align the retention of your data with possible variations arising from the exercise of your privacy rights.
5. The rights to protect your personal data
5.1 At any point, during the storage or processing of your data, you reserve the following rights, while at the same time you can submit the relevant requests through your personal account:
- Right of access – you have the right of access to the personal data we hold about you
- Right of correction – you have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete data we hold about you.
- Right of deletion – you can request that the data we hold about you be deleted from our files and we are obliged to satisfy your request in specific cases
- Right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted and we are obliged to comply with this request when certain conditions apply
- Right to data portability – you have the right to request that the data we hold about you be transferred to another organization
- Right of objection – you have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you, under certain conditions
- Right to withdraw consent – in cases where we base the processing activities with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, without invalidating its legality prior to revocation which in turn was based on prior consent.
5.2 We will evaluate your request and respond to you about its progress (approval of request, partial approval of request, rejection of request) as soon as possible and definitely within one month from its submission. In the event that GML rejects your request for the aforementioned personal data protection rights, we will contact you and share the reasons for the rejection. You have the right to file a complaint directly with the regulator.
5.3 We reserve the right to reject requests that are unjustifiably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort or have disproportionate technical consequences, endanger the privacy of others or are impossible to implement.
6.2 You may configure your browser to block all cookies, including cookies related to our services, or to know when a cookie has been set by us. However, it is important to note that many of our services may not work properly if cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences. Refer to the technical documentation of your browser or mobile device for instructions on how to delete or disable cookies.
6.3 For more information about cookies, how they are used and how they are applied in the use of your personal data, please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
8. Contact us